Catching up

Moving has really put me behind in everything but especially here.  We still aren’t done but we have a couple of weeks to finish up and a plan so that should help.

♦I guess I haven’t really talked about why or where we are moving.  The house we’ve been renting for the last couple of years is small as in teeny tiny.  I believe somewhere around 600-700 sq feet.  It was 2 bedrooms but like I said small.  More then small it is infested with hobo spiders (only click the link if you are brave).   They only really come out late spring to early fall but they are nasty little things and I don’t want Lily exposed to them.  And I really mean infested, we put out sticky traps for them and would catch sometimes 10 or 12 a week and then we’d kill probably another 5 and that doesn’t count what the cats take care of that we don’t know about.  There were weeks when we caught/killed more but I try not to think about them. *shivers*

The place we moved is about a mile from Waldo’s office, he had been driving 20 minutes each way before.  And just a couple of blocks from a nice park.  Its probably 1000 sq feet in the living area and there’s a full basement for storage and laundry.  I hate that I have to go into the basement to do laundry but its better then nothing.  We have found 1 dead hobo but we are counting on the fact that there just can’t be as many as in the other house.  This new place is open and bright, I always felt kind of closed in at the old house.  It has 3 bedrooms, 2 of which are pretty small but we can live with that, 1 bath and a nice size living room.We have nice front and back yards for the Kiddo to play in.  All in all we are excited about this place.  Oh and new carpet and a stove that has 4 working burners.  Woot!

♦Lily got her first sink bath the other day.  The old house had a cabinet right above the sink and it just didn’t work out for bathing.  It was really nice to be able to give her a bath (in which she didn’t cry) and not have to take one myself. Although I love taking baths with her, lately she still ends up crying at the end no matter how fast, slow, splashy, non-splashy, etc I try to be.
Lily's first sink bath
We’ve now had 2 sink baths and she seems to like them well enough.

♦I really want to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts and prayers about Lily.  It really touched me and I just wanted to let everyone know that even though I don’t comment back to the comments I do read each and everyone of them.

♦On that same thought train I really want to start commenting back either in the post or by email I just don’t know where to find the time.  How do you all manage it?

♦Today I took Lily in to get some blood drawn so that when we go see the genetics specialist in July we will have the results to go over.  I figured it would be another heel stick like they did for the bili checks so when Waldo told me that he would go if I changed the lab to one closer to where he works I figured it wouldn’t be necessary.  Oh how friggin wrong I was.

I had to be at the hospital and be done by 9:00 a.m. and its a 20 minutes drive. I worried and almost turned around about 100 times for the last 15 minutes.  We stuck (pun intended) it out, when we got there Lily charmed the pants off of everyone like usual and then they told me for all the tests my doctor ordered they had to use vains.  I was serously wishing my Hubby was there at this point.

They put a little numbing cream on her arms but I don’t know how much it helped.  I tried nursing her while they did it but she pretty much just screamed with her lips around my nipples.  I cried as much as she did and damn it I’m crying again just thinking about it.  They had to take blood from both arms, I think the second arm was worse because we both knew what to expect.  The lab techs kept telling me that she would get over it and forget all about it in no time.  I know they are right, but I don’t think I will get over it any time soon.

We went to the hospitals meditation room and nursed after it was done and then she feel asleep and when she woke up she was happy as a clam.

I don’t remember what all they are testing for and I don’t know how long it will take to get the results but I will post about it when I hear back.

♦My first Mother’s day was nice.  Waldo ordered me flowers from and I got them the Thursday before Mother’s day.  They are Lilies of course.  It was called something like the 100 bloom something or other.  They were not pretty when I first got them because they weren’t bloomed yet.  They were beautiful by mother’s day and they are still going strong.
My 1st Mother's Day flowers
Lily with my Mother's day flowers

All in all we had a busy mother’s day because of the moving.  We spent most of that day down at the old house packing stuff up.

♦May 13, 2008 we found out we were going to be parents.  I know I’ve said it before but I can’t believe what a difference 1 tiny year makes.

1 year anniversary of two lines

May 13, 2009

We had driven from Montana to the Oregon coast and down to central California to visit our families.  I realized my period was a couple of days late but Waldo said not to take a test yet since we were traveling it would mess with my cycle.  Only my period was suppose to start before we even left.  I decided to wait though.

The second day we were in CA I took off to go to the jewelery store I used to work at to visit and get my rings cleaned.  That was my honest to goodness plan.  The car had other ideas.  It pulled into a Walgreens.  Then my legs took me inside without anyway say so from me and I bought a two pack pregnancy test.   I met back up with Waldo at his brother’s house and when we were alone he asked me if I bought a test.  That man knows me better then I know me.  We had to wait to get back to his parents house for the night to take the test.  That was the longest day ever.  Of course the test was positive but I wouldn’t get my hopes up till I took the second one, which we agreed on doing in the morning.  I’m sure there was some logic to it but I don’t remember now.  I woke up early and took it and again it was 2 lines.

It was so great to be able to tell our families in person.  My one sister lives in Oklahoma so I had to tell her on the phone but everyone else got to give us hugs and kisses, it was perfect.

♦I’m trying to figure out what to do about photo hosting.  I like flickr and it works well but editing is such a pain with picnic because it has to load with every single photo and I’m impatient.  I’ve tried picasa and it works pretty well but I haven’t worked all the kinks out yet.  Like do I have to upload to my web album to upload them here or is there something I’m missing?  I have a photobucket account and it looks like it has pretty good editing functions but I haven’t really messed with it yet.

I’d love to know what other people do for photos.

♦As I said we got a new couch and I’m hoping that this is so far down in my update that no one is still reading because this old couch is a major embarrassment.  This was a hand-me-down in the worst of ways.  It belonged to my ex-husband’s parent’s friend, who gave it to the ex’s parents who gave it to the ex and I and somehow I managed to take it when I left him.  I bet this couch is 20 years old, ok maybe 17.

I can’t believe I’m going to post this picture.
old couch
It always had a cover on it because it looked so bad.
old couch
(I probably could have straighten the cover for this picture but I didn’t care, the whole thing was heading to the dump after I got done with the camera)

new couch

The new couch

Ahhh is it so comfy.

I think that’s just about everything that I needed to cover.  I will hopefully be back to regular posting soon.  We should be done moving and cleaning sometime before Lily turns 21.  🙂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 thoughts on “Catching up

  1. Goodness – you’ve had a lot going on lately! Your new home sounds wonderful, and Lily looks like she is really enjoying bathing in the sink! Our home is fairly small, and I look forward to the day we can move. Your flowers are lovely 🙂 I enjoyed the story about when you found out you were pregnant – you were very fortunate to be able to tell your family in person!

    For the pictures I post on my blog, I use Picassa. I find it’s really easy to organize and edit pictures, and I use “Auto Contrast” for just about everything – it just makes the colors a lot richer. It’s also easy to crop and retouch photos, and fix red-eye. I then just upload them to my blog using the WordPress interface, and the photos are hosted on my web server (I use InMotion Hosting). It seems to have worked well so far. Then I have a plugin (Lightbox 2), which gives a cool effect when you click on a picture to see the full size image. I’m not sure that is what you are looking for, though – probably not if you want to have a photo album (like Flickr) that people can browse. I do know that there are plugins that will make a slideshow from a Picassa Web album. Hope this helps!

  2. Sounds like you have really been busy! I hope everything turns out alright with your daughter’s tests. You wanted tips on commenting on other blogs. If you are looking to increase the traffic to your blog then commenting is very important. I understand that you are busy but you should set aside some time every day to comment on other blogs. That is what I do. And I always start with the blogs that have commented on my site first.

  3. Prepare for the world’s longest comment on different things:

    1. I love, love, LOVE that pic of Lily having her sink bath. It makes me wish I could have one. Not in a creepy way, though.

    2. Those flowers are gorgeous!!

    3. I do not want my babies to get needles in them and am sure I will find it as disturbing as you did. Poor little love. Is she recovered from the needle trauma now?

    4. I love the picture of the two of you! I am sure I must have seen a pic of you before, but can’t remember. You just look so genuine and lovely!

    5. I’m very excited for next December when I can write about the day we found out we were pregnant. Reading this post (among others in the last week) makes me excited for it!!

  4. a) Any place without hobo spiders rocks. That’s all I’m saying about that. Ugh.

    b) I love that you can remember the date you found out that you were going to have a baby. I remember the date we found out too =)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This blog is kept spam free by WP-SpamFree.