My sweet girl is 4 months old. I say it time and again I can’t believe its already been 4 months and I can’t believe its only been 4 months.
She's getting so big
Lily changes everyday. Its just amazing. I have no idea what I talked about before she got here, she’s all I talk (and think) about now.
- If she’s in the mood she will roll from her belly to her side and from her back to her side. If I put her down more she would probably be better at these, but she doesn’t want me to and I don’t want to. So it works for us. She’ll do those things and lots more soon.
- She has a smile that lights up a room and she flashes it to me all day long.
- Oh she gives me the best open mouth kisses now and lots of them.
- She loves to stand up on my lap. If she’s a little grumpy I stand her up and 9 times out of 10 she gets happy again.
- She can hold her head up pretty darn good, not great or perfect or anything, but pretty darn good.
- She is sleeping the first part of the night in her bed. When she wakes up for her first feeding I bring her into our bed. I love sleeping with her. Waking up to her bright eyes is the best part of my day.
- She is just like me. When she’s awake, she’s awake. I don’t need coffee to get going in the morning and neither does Lil. Just a good stretch and she’s ready to go.
- We still swaddle at night, but not very often during the day. This is big for us. She loved it when she was brand spankin’ new and it so cold here even with the heater blasting that I liked to keep her all wrapped up tight.
- She is all about Mommy all the time now. In the last couple of weeks she has gotten where she doesn’t even want Daddy. He doesn’t take it personally, and I’m glad. But man it makes it hard to go take a shower when two minutes after I leave I hear her screaming. I have to admit that I love that I’m her favorite person in the world because she’s one of my two favs. But I feel bad for Waldo.
Oh those tasty hands
Bath time is much more fun now
Oh how I love these feet
Mama loves you big girl!
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So Kailani thought that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting, too. I like the idea, therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
Where would you/are you going on you next vacation?
I would like to go back to my hometown and see my family so they can meet Lily. Waldo used his vacation for this year when I had her so we don’t get to go on vacation till next year.
I bookmarked a bunch of photo editing sites a while back and just remembered them. I thought some of the effects were pretty cool.
The first picture was done at Loonapix.com
I don’t honestly remember which sites I used for the other pictures but here’s are some fun link to try.
FunPhotoBox (it looks like I used this one for a couple)
We bought Lily a Bouncy activity center thingy. We went with one that has kind of a trampoline thing because she loves to stand up and push with her legs.
All the pink is blinding
She is still way too small for it.
modified for her enjoyment
Even on the highest setting she’s too short for it. We have a thick book under the cardboard to try and make it so she can reach.
Some day she will fit into it and I think love it. For now she likes it for about 5 minutes and only the musical light up part is any fun.
For more Wordless Wednesday check out Momdot, 5 Minutes for Mom , Wordless Wednesday HQ and 7 clown circus
Happy Earth Day all!!
My sweet girl keeps growing and here’s week 17 to prove it.
Her reaction to my suggestion of staying a baby forever
The full body shot
I'm getting better at catching proof of the amazing smiles
This is what we found when we took her out of the car Saturday
I bought her that ball when we were on our walk on Friday. That ball made something click and now she grabs things. It’s like she finally realized what those things on the ends of her arms were for. Besides you know sucking or holding Mommy’s fingers.