Recently I was given two blogy awards. I am so honored and surprised.
First Lindsey of A Kindred Spirit’s Thoughts gave me the 5 minutes for Mom Say it Forward Loyal Commenter award. This is such a shock for me since up until a couple of months ago I was a serous lurker.
Thank you Lindsey.
Shari from A Psych Mommy nominated me for Mom of the Year
Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
•Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you’ve written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It’s over with, it’s in the past. Remember, you’re a good mom!
Yesterday I put Lily on the couch in my Boppy so I could get her diaper bag refilled. She was fussing but I could do it so much faster with two hands and she was safe (or so I thought). The next thing I know she is on the floor. Thankfully its only about 18 inches off the floor and babies are resilient. But I felt so bad. She was fine and done crying way before I was.
•Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
- I love Lily’s amazing toothless smile
- I love it when Lil’s nursing she will hold on to my shirt like a security blanket
- I love the little heart that forms in her ear if I hold her at the right angle (this one is really hard to explain, you kind of have to take my word for it)
- I love that I’m her favorite person in the world
- As much as I comment that I want to put her down more often when she’s asleep, I love that she sleeps best in my arms.
- I love taking a bath with her. Its her favorite way to take a bath and I’m happy to do it.
- I love that when she wakes up she is all smiles. I get more smiles in the first ten minutes she is awake then any other time.
•Send this to five other Mom’s of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you’ve selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
For the Mom of the Year award, I nominate:
Lindsey from A Kindred Spirit’s Thoughts